Purpose of your Job Position
As a Site Systems employee, you are entrusted with the responsibility of carrying out your daily tasks and assigned duties while representing Site Systems’ professionally. You are expected to provide responsible, consistent results with the creation and implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve systems and processes to achieve superior results. The primary purpose of the Service Desk Analyst position is to ensure that all customers are receiving appropriate assistance within appropriate timeframes.
As a Support Agent, you are delegated the authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties. Responsible for serving as initial point of contact for all customer support issues from all customers of the company. This position is a non-supervisory function. You may be asked by your supervisor to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time, for any reason.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as initial contact for all Support issues.
- Opens all tickets and provides documentation with detailed notes during active calls.
- Responsible for daily monitoring and follow up of all open tickets and customer related issues; completes customer call-backs on tickets as needed to ensure highest levels of customer satisfaction is achieved.
- Responsible for working with Tier 2 / Tier 3 Service Desk staff for ticket escalation as appropriate to ensure SLAs are met and end user support is provided in a timely manner.
- Resolve all Tier 1 support issues and ensure detailed resolution notes are included in the ticket.
- Work incidents in the ticket queue for Tier 1 tasks including, but not limited to, applications for all Site Systems Software.
- Identify, create, and modify technical and procedural knowledge documentation in line with issue resolution process.
- Contribute to Technical Support knowledge base by authoring articles for publication to the team.
- Participate in Support projects as assigned.
- Assist team lead(s) in providing departmental orientation for new hires as requested.
- Ensure that all support service levels for resolution are met.
- Liaise with, and provide training and support to, end users and staff on equipment operation and other technical issues for hardware, software, and networks.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user and network hardware, peripheral devices, and other products as needed.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls regarding hardware, software, and networking issues, creating tickets for all incidents for tracking.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant procedures, hardware, software, and network systems.
- Comfortable spending approximately 85% of time on phone/electronic support and 15% on other meetings, projects, tasks, and assignments.
- Utilize remote support tools to troubleshoot and assist with issue evaluation and resolution.
- Works in office areas.
- Moves intermittently during working hours.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Works beyond normal working hours, weekends and holidays and on shifts/positions as necessary.
- May participate in an on-call rotation that provides 24x7x365 support of all systems.
- Additional working hours as required.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
- Must be comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment.
- A minimum of 1 year technical support, customer service or equivalent internship experience.
- Strong technical troubleshooting experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Practical experience with current Service Desk tools and ticketing / issue tracking systems.
- Functional experience with current MS Office applications, (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc).
- Practical experience with remote connection and support tools.
- Industry-recognized IT certification desired, or ability to obtain.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, staff and management.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- A strong dedication to quality customer service.
- Must be able to learn quickly while working in a fast paced, team-driven environment.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to multi-task, keep organized, follow-up with others, manage details, and keep sight of overall objectives.
- Excellent analytical skills, problem solving skills and inherent decision-making ability.
- Excellent documentation techniques.
- Excellent organization and skills.